If you’re ready to take your dog training to the next level, beyond basic obedience, get started with the spin trick. Learn how to teach your dog to spin with our easy step-by-step guide below.
Remember, when it comes to dog training, choose the methods that help your dog succeed. Use positive reinforcement to encourage your dog to spin, and resist attempts to force them to move quicker than they are ready; training should always be enjoyable for both dogs and humans.
With the below steps, imagine your dog going around a clock face.
1. To get started with the spin trick, have your dog face you while standing and all fours.
2. Next, using a delicious treat, lure them slowly in one direction.
3. Continue to lure, reward them at 3 o’clock
4. Keep them moving, reward again at 6 o’clock
5. As you make your way towards the end of the circle, reward again at 9 o’clock.